MASON COUNTY DECORATING CONTEST
December 1-27, 2022
The Ludington & Scottville Area Chamber of Commerce has announced the return of Deck the Halls: A Mason County Holiday Decorating Contest. All county residents and businesses are invited to participate and light up the area in anticipation of the Christmas season!
Entry deadline is 5 p.m. November 27, 2022.
Rules of the contest are as follows:
- Participation is open to all residents and businesses within the boundaries of Mason County.
- Entry is free; no cost or fees apply.
- Entry applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Sunday, November 27.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence or business only.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets).
- Lights and decorations must be displayed from December 1-27.
- Two categories of winners will be awarded: residential and business.
- Two winners will be chosen in each category: 1st place, $200 (decided by panel of judges); People’s Choice, $100 (decided by popular vote).
- Winners will be announced on social media on December 28.