CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTING SERVICES
Reasons to have a Ribbon Cutting…
- New product lines
- Change of locations
- Opening a second location
- Change of ownership
- Name change
- Ground breaking
- New business
Things to consider…
- Determine how elaborate you want your event to be.
- Do you want a private party or a public event?
- Do you want to advertise through the media, or just send invitations to friends, business associates, customers, suppliers, etc.?
- Will you serve refreshments (hors d’oeuvres, champagne, punch, cookies)? Maybe even cater the event.
Once you know you want a Ribbon Cutting…
- Call the Chamber and set the date.
- Give the Chamber three weeks minimum notice. This allows time for your event to be added to the calendar of events.
- Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays are the best days to hold a ribbon cutting.
- The best attendance occurs when the event is planned before work (8:30 am), around lunch time (11:00 – 1:00 pm) or after work (5:00 – 5:30 pm).
- Ribbon cuttings are most successful when you make a lasting impression. Try offering refreshments, utilize gimmicks, giveaways and drawings.