REASONS TO HAVE A RIBBON CUTTING
- New product lines
- Change of locations
- Opening a second location
- Change of ownership
- Name change
- New business
THINGS TO CONSIDER…
- Determine how elaborate you want your event to be.
- Do you want a private party or a public event?
- Do you want to advertise through the media, or just send invitations to friends, business associates, customers, suppliers, etc.?
- Will you serve refreshments (hors d’oeuvres, champagne, punch, cookies)? Maybe even cater the event.
ONCE YOU KNOW YOU WANT A RIBBON CUTTING:
- Call the Chamber and set the date.
- Give the Chamber three weeks’ minimum notice. This allows time for your event to be added to the calendar of events.
- Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays are the best days to hold a ribbon cutting.
- The best attendance occurs when the event is planned before work (8:30 a.m.), around lunch time (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.) or after work (5:00 – 5:30 p.m.).
- Ribbon cuttings are most successful when you make a lasting impression. Try offering refreshments, utilize gimmicks, giveaways and drawings.
Give us a call, and we will take care of everything and work with you for your special event: 231.845.0324 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org